Saturday, November 11, 2006

 

Monkey and Buisness


Sorry it has taken me a long time to put up a blog entry. Please understand that I have been busy with lots of stuff. Yall are so used to being in you house that is all wireless and can have your laptop in the bathroom checking emails. Then if you are not at home then youÂ’re at work and for most of you will have the internet right in front of your face for 8 hours straight.

For me: I have to walk 30 min or pay a boda 50 cents to go to the internet cafe. Where there are 5 computers with Africa speed internet. While I have to pay $1.00 an hour to surf. There is a 75% chance that the internet will be on there is a 50% chance that the power will be on. And so if I walk all that way over to the internet cafe and it doesn't work, I have to walk all the way back. Gaining nothing but unwanted exercise. So only if you could understand how it all works here.

So I am here in Gulu working with an organization called Invisible Children. You can Google search it and check out there web site. They have a Documentary out so you can learn all about whats going on here. I had a guy that I met in Kampala that invited me to come up to Gulu and help out there. So I have been here for 3 days now and building a little bamboo building for the bracelet makers for the bracelet campaign that is going on. I am staying at the invisiable children house where they have two monkey which are my best friends. This is Vikki that is on my lap. But she would tell you that's her bed.


Oh and I guess it kinda sucks that Democrats some what one. Not that I hate Democrats but the fact that nothing is going to get done in Office with such very differentt views going on.


Thank you for your prayers. If you are curious on what to pray for shoot me an e-mail


HenryT

Comments:
i just did a speech on invisible children. i think its really cool that you are working for that organization. bring me home a bracelet!!! good luck with everything, im praying for you.

-caroline dashiell
 
hey, I can't believe that you have a money in your lap! That is so cool! I saw the documentary last year, it made me cry. I want a bracelet too! What exactly are you doing for invisible children???

Sarah
 
I wish I had money in my lap. I need some.
 
OK so you .. are in Gulu, which must be a fairly big town because it is on my map in my old atlas. How did you travel? Bus? Taxi where everyone sits on your lap? rode with someone? Is the building you're working on for the bracelet makers to work in or live in? Is the Invisible Children house where the refugee children live or other staff people? What kind of monkey is Vikki? Are both monkeys the same kind? Are you cooking? ironing your sheets? sleeping under a mosquito net? I started to phone you today but decided it was too late in the evening there. Love,
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?