Wednesday, September 06, 2006

 
There is not much going on. So here is an experience that I had at the begining of my trip that I had written in my journal.


When I first got here I would be walking down the street in and watching these kids with ripped t-shirts and shorts playing soccer with an empty water bottle in bare feet. I felt so bad for them. And each day I would walk by seeing the same kids, heartbroken I asked the Lord "why have you forsaken your children?"

I walked by again one day and stoped and I wathched these same kids and I saw that those kids had the biggest smiles on their faces and were having so much fun. Thats where it home with me. As I was wathing them I realized that those kids have just as big of smiles and were having just as much fun if not more than kids back in the states with nice shoes and nice soccer balls. There I was feeling sorry for these kids, and trying to put shoes on their feet and soccer ball in front of them when that's not what they really need at all.

What they need is our love and our time and ultimately Jesus.


He hasn't forsaken His children.

He loves them just as mush as you and I.


thanks for reading

HenryT

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?