Wednesday, September 20, 2006

 

Mob Justice

I was reading the local news paper of Uganda and it had a full blown color picture of a man partly intact he had some skin left but he was on his back on fire with people in a circle watching him die. The article read that this man was beaten down and burned to death by police for stealing a bicycle from a woman.
They have a ZERO tolerance for crime here in Africa. So you have to be careful what you scream help for. If some one has stolen your watch, sunglasses, or cell phone you just have to let it slide and let him have it. If it was my laptop or my big camera I promised myself that I would not yell, but I would go chase him down trying not make a big scene out of it.

Teh paper said that the value of that bike was 70,000 shillings which is $38.46 US dollars

thanks for reading,

HenryT

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?